IT Asset Management
Maximize Investment in Your IT Hardware & Software Assets
A growing expense in businesses today is technology and with a mix of hardware, software, cabling, and expertise, it can be a confusing landscape for businesses to predict costs and maximize investment.
NCC Data understands the IT industry, how it works, the vendors to purchase from, and the vendors to avoid. Maximizing the productive use of IT assets can save companies millions. NCC Data offers IT asset management as a fundamental service to help companies understand:
- Current hardware and software assets owned
- Who has it installed (access)
- Whether assets are being used or needed
- Cost of assets and resell value
- Lifecycle depreciation of assets
- Replacement and procurement
- Future, anticipatory needs
Hardware Lifecycle Management
Chances are few that the myriad of workstations and hardware in your company will need upgrading or replacement at the same time. However, for an overall seamless operation of your company, NCC Data organizes and reviews the entire lifecycle of your hardware, starting with existing equipment, and making recommendations for new equipment when it’s needed. For new equipment, our bulk discounts and industry connections ensure you receive one of the lowest prices possible.
IT Hardware Lifecycle Management involves managing equipment through every stage, from its original acquisition to its trade in or disposal. In between those two events, however, are other segments of the lifecycle:
- Maintenance – fix on site or replace under warranty
- Upgrades – memory or speed enhancements, replacement of old assets
- Reallocating assets for better use elsewhere in your company
Ultimately, NCC Data’s Lifecycle Management helps to fine tune your physical resources for the best possible ROI. Throughout the process NCC Data will provide your accounting with accurate depreciation costs. Ultimately, extending the life of IT equipment, maximizing its value, and increasing the ability to upgrade.
Software Asset Management Program
Prior to making any major decisions about your software program, let NCC Data perform a SAM review which involves a thorough inventory of software, matching of software licenses to users, and a review of licensing policies and procedures.
Following a review, NCC Data will deploy our best practice tools and processes to create a strong SAM program that delivers these benefits:
- Reduce legal liability arising from the use of unlicensed software
- Reduce security risks through un-patched or old software installations
- Reduce purchasing costs through volume discounts
- Control costs by eliminating unused licensed applications
- Control costs by purchasing only the licenses you really need
- Comply with regulatory requirements
Managing software licenses can be complex and time consuming, especially if your business has multiple locations. NCC Data’s complete license management solution makes it simple for you to:
- Manage many kinds of licensing options including client access (CAL), volume, enterprise, OEM, per-processor, per-user, and others
- Record license purchases, dates, and costs, and associate related documents such as contracts and purchase orders
- Allocate licenses to various departments and confirm installations in these exact locations
- Automate the gathering of inventory and usage data
Contact NCC Data or call us today at 972.354.1600
for more information and to find out how we can solve your IT needs.