We’re looking for outstanding individuals to fill key positions that help make our company strong. Each of NCC data’s employees holds firm to our Core Values, and in return, enjoys a rewarding career doing what they do best.
NCC Data Core Values
Committed to increasing client satisfaction, sets achievable client expectations, assumes responsibility for solving client problems, ensures commitments to clients are met, builds client confidence, solicits opinions and ideas from clients, and responds to internal clients.
Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development, targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, and motivates others.
Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, is energetic and energizing, and continually progresses through effective action.
Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, finds root cause of problems, owns or acts on problems, maintains pleasant and professional image.
Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, conveys good news and bad, and consistently exercises sound judgment.
CURRENT AVAILABLE POSITIONS
Title: Managed Services Technician
Office Location: Addison, Texas
This position participates as a key member of the Technology Team who is responsible for operational support of NCCDATA’s Managed Services Clients and corporate infrastructure providing hardware, software and application support and troubleshooting of these servers and network devices. The Managed Services Technician must possess significant work experience in a production, mission-critical, revenue-dependent, 24x7 infrastructures including corporate, ecommerce or financial systems and network devices. Demonstrates proficiency with Windows 2000/2003/2008 servers, TCP/IP networking, single domain model concepts and share and file access security concepts. The Managed Services Technician will be accountable for creating and maintaining standards, policies, procedures and documentation and ownership of internal tool systems.
Essential Position Functions
- Provide operational support for a wide variety of clustered systems, stand alone servers, applications, batch processes, various network LAN/WAN devices, patching devices and databases for NCCDATA’s Managed Services Client infrastructure.
- Monitor all NCCDATA client systems for failures
- Monitor connectivity to partners
- Manage and triage multiple incident cases.
- Provide notification and escalation for maintenance and outage activity.
- Follow prescribed procedures and document all work performed in the case system.
- Maintains open communication with counterparts within second line teams. Flexible with working hours to ensure required staffing levels of the Managed Services Team.
- Influences a positive work environment that fosters team performance through own work and behavior.
- Provide ownership of internal tools systems and deployments/audits to ensure compliance is maintained.
- Answer incoming service desk enquiries promptly, politely and professionally to ensure high quality of service.
- Prioritize urgent issues and ensure services are provided and the issues are attended to immediately.
Position Specific Competencies
- Ability to deal courteously and communicate effectively with clients and team members, supplying general information and direction in a clear, concise manner.
- Management of client IT monitoring infrastructure for system availability, system performance, and system capacity. Ability to involve internal and external resources to lead the client through measurable and attainable goals.
- Work under stress to meet schedule deadlines. Ability to executive on the day to day tasks necessary to achieve outlined objectives.
- Experience or knowledge of the use of IT in live environment and the impact of technical support on Client’s business performance.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
- Help Desk Institute (HDI), A+, MCP, and / or MCSE Certifications would be preferred but not a must.
- Three to five years experience working in high pressure, dynamic, 24X7 environments.
- Strength in ensuring process adherence and suggesting improvements to processes.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Platform and applications, Desktops, Servers, Hardware and end-user applications. Understands Desktop, Hardware and end-user applications and Networking technologies (Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, XP/Vista/Windows7, operating systems and Active Directory).
- Experience with Kaseya is a plus.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and administer large, complex systems.
- Understanding and troubleshooting IP networks.
- Ability to multitask and work as team or individual contributor.
- Mail Server experience (SMTP, POP, Exchange) is a plus.
- Domain Name Service Conceptual understanding and practical knowledge.
- Some System Administration experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated passion for excellence and impeccability while interacting with clients and business executives, and delivering solutions to meet their needs.
- Proven problem solving, conceptual thinking, and analytical abilities.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Managed Services Network Support Engineer
Office Location: Addison, Texas
Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of various technologies at a customer's site. Will focus on the administration of server infrastructure to include servers and software applications. Will assess, identify, and install appropriate solutions to be integrated into the LAN/WAN operation and make recommendations for other solutions as needed.
- VM Ware (minimum 2 years experience with deployment - P2V experience)
- Exchange 03/07/10 Knowledge (minimum 5 years experience with deployment and migration)
- MCSE desired
- DNS/AD/DC Knowledge
- College Degree Desired
- Several years experience with all Windows Server platforms and other Server platforms with experience in directory services (Particularly in Server installation, Setup, and application management.
- Willing to travel to various customer sites on a daily basis.
- Exceptional attention to detail, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Background in messaging systems preferred. Must be literate in Windows operating systems.
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to non-technical clients.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN configurations to include experience with Cisco routers & switches, internet firewalls, and wireless technology.
- Basic Windows skills.
- Experience in setting up and managing ALL versions of Exchange Server.
- Advanced hardware & software troubleshooting skills.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware and associated network equipment, including SCSI, RAID, and I/O topology.
- Strong familiarity with TCP/IP protocol and experience in DNS and DHCP.
- Knowledge of web-based application delivery tools, including IIS.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of user personnel.
- Quality customer service skills, a VERY strong work ethic, and is a team player with the ability to work well independently.
- Above Average organization skills, excellent communication skills, and can demonstrate problem solving skills and a willingness to listen and learn.
Five or more years of server systems experience is preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design, planning, installation, documentation, and implementation of various LAN's to include servers, routers, switches, and software applications.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors procedures for all server backups.
- Plans and coordinates the distribution of client/server software and service packs.
- Makes recommendations for new equipment, software, and services to purchase and works with various vendors for procurement.
- Perform on-site and remote technical support.
- Assist in the asset management of all hardware and software resources.
- Maintains excellent communication with all key stakeholders.
- Creates and maintains procedures and good technical documentation.
- Provides emergency on-call support.
- Designs and implements all security related functions for Windows based servers.
- Responsible for designing logging, audit reports, and reporting metrics.
- Responsible for maintaining warranty and maintenance contracts on all related hardware/software that reside on Windows servers.
- Oversees maintenance of proper licensing for all software that resides on the servers.
- Develops and manages infrastructure environmental requirements for servers.
- Maintains server helpdesk knowledgebase.
- Executes performance tuning on all servers
- Manages remote access to client servers.
- Personal Computer
- Networks Switches & Routers
Working Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Large number of telephone calls and several tasks open simultaneously.
Maintaining composure under pressure is a necessity at all times. After-hours and weekend work will be required for maintenance, upgrades, and installations.
Email resume to: email@example.com
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Requires travel in and around the Metroplex and ability to meet with clients in and outside of the local area up to on occasion. Requires work over weekends and overnights depending shift the individual is assigned to and involves irregular working hours both in and out of the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an *at-will* basis.
For more information or to apply for a position,
contact NCC Data or call us today at 972.354.1600.