Proactive IT Network Monitoring
Your business becomes more dependent on technology every day, and the task of ensuring your network investment is operating at its full capacity can be a 24 x 7 endeavor. IT network monitoring services from NCC Data ensures proactive, expert attention to your network round the clock. Remote tools allow the NCC IT Consultants to virtually monitor and control your entire network without having to step foot into your company doors.
What is monitoring?
The term "monitoring" can be as simple or complex as the system that it is applied to. There is, however, a common ground that all monitoring stands on. Simply stated, a monitoring solution gives the ability to track and understand the interactions of hardware, software, and/or personnel in an enterprise's business system.
Why do you need monitoring?
Business processes today are increasingly complex, with hardware and software supporting applications, applications supporting employees, and employees supporting that original hardware and software. This complexity allows for a diverse range of business models, but it also introduces the potential for inefficiencies. Monitoring solutions address those inefficiencies and enables enterprises to optimize resource use. It is not uncommon for monitoring solutions to bring a ten-fold return on investment. Especially in the increasingly competitive global market, optimizing existing processes can give your enterprise a much-needed edge.
What do you need in a monitoring solution?
Asking "What do I need in a monitoring solution?" is like asking "What do I need in a car?" There are a few specifications that every car should have, such as an engine, body and steering wheel. Just as a brief commute in the city calls for a different type of vehicle than one needed for heavy construction in the mountains. Similarly, monitoring solutions range from individual component monitoring to all-encompassing solutions; and beyond the basics, your business needs determine the additional pieces you will want.
The features that every monitoring system should have include:
- root-cause analysis
- base-lining, application availability
- application response time
- a single interface through which to evaluate each of those metrics
After that, the size and complexity of the enterprise will determine whether the best choice for your business is a large solution or a group of targeted offerings.
Automated network monitoring tools allow the NCC IT Consultants to effectively:
- Review the health of all of critical systems
- Measure performance at the highest levels first, then look lower within the hierarchy for underlying problems. In other words, treat the disease rather than the symptoms.
- Improve IT staff efficiency, productivity and cost-effectiveness by using management tools common across all platforms and applications
- Mitigate risk and minimize human errors by providing intelligent automation of repetitive tasks and responses
- Optimize business performance by identifying and reacting to issues before service levels are impacted and by utilizing proactive notification mechanisms
- Support business priorities by enabling business-driven problem resolution and IT resource allocation
- Accelerate business growth by utilizing industry-leading solutions that can be integrated with other processes
As the old saying goes, “Failing to plan is planning to fail.” Taking a reactive approach to monitoring your IT network invites the most serious of breakdowns to happen when you can least afford them. Paying your IT staff members to work overtime on nights and weekends to repair the network can be extremely expensive, but losing productivity can be even more costly. Let the IT Consultants at NCC Data help you proactively monitor your business network and put your dollars to work.
Contact NCC Data or call us today at 972.354.1600
for more information and to find out how we can solve your IT needs.