Add a Chief Information Officer to Your Business, Virtually
A Chief Information Officer (CIO) is one of the newest positions to join the ranks of many businesses, yet the importance of this executive cannot be understated.
Why is a CIO Necessary?
For many small to midsize businesses, the CIO role is a shared responsibility or the role is absent from a company altogether. As technology continues to become more strategic to all areas of a business, sharing or forgoing a CIO will become a competitive disadvantage.
While a merger or acquisition is one of the most demanding times for a CIO, there are a growing number of reasons CIO’s are needed more than part time.
According to the 2014 State of the CIO Survey, conducted by CIO.com, many current IT innovations and trends such as cloud computing and the BYOD device movement are making a CIO even more necessary. In fact, 86% of IT executives surveyed believe the CIO role is becoming more important to their business.
Top Technology Initiatives of a CIO
A CIO is more than an advocate for technology. A CIO designs and implements strategy that encourages collaboration, security, and productivity all while saving long term costs. Often people are a big part of the equation. Adoption and compliance are an important component to fully realizing technology’s potential.
Having an executive align resources towards using technology as an asset, can lead to a stronger ROI, yet many businesses can’t afford a full-time CIO.
Why Do You Need A VCIO?
Virtual Chief Information Officer's provide a budget friendly alternative to a full time, executive hire. More than a consultant, technology advocate, or computer support, a vCIO integrates technology throughout a business, leading overall strategy, design, and implementation.
Only an individual with years of leadership experience and exposure to multiple IT environments can become a good fit as a vCIO. NCC Data provides vCIO services through our own executive team. They are the most senior resources at NCC Data and lead technology from an executive level at companies throughout Dallas Fort-Worth.
Your New vCIO will:
- Meet with executives quarterly, at times which work best for your business in terms of budget and strategic planning.
- Design a custom, three year IT strategy, meeting current and future business objectives. This plan, which considers anticipated technology changes, allows you to better create a budget that suits your IT needs.
- Lead adoption, integration, and compliance of technology across all departments.
- Direct and manage the IT department, ensuring projects meet expectations.
- Ensure that your technology and data is secure, well-managed, and aligned with industry-accepted best practices.
- Level the playing field – Outsourcing IT can help small to medium sized organizations perform “big” by giving access to the same economies of scale, efficiency, and expertise that formerly were only accessible to large enterprises.
Contact NCC Data or call us today at 972.354.1600
for more information and to find out how we can solve your IT needs.